Zinox Technologies is thoroughly committed to protecting the privacy of our site visitors and customers. We fully appreciate and respect the importance of privacy on the Internet.
- How we collect information from you
- How we protect customers' information
- How we use the information, and share all personal information which you provide when you use our websites
This policy does not apply to the practices of third party agents, or people of which we do not exercise direct control, employment or management.
Information Collection and Use
We will collect personally identifiable information from you in a variety of ways including directly from you when you register on the website, use our other services, enter competitions or prize draws, navigate around our website or respond to communications from us. Zinox Technologies may also receive personally identifiable information from, third parties including our related companies, our business partners and publicly available sources of information.
The following is what we normally collect about you to help us provide you with our services, where we can:
- Personal attributes, name, address, gender, date of birth, email, telephone number, and service details;
- Information on how you use our website, including details of your domain name and Internet Protocol address, operating system, browser, cookies, time spent on a page or content, and the route you took to navigate through the pages;
- Other data, from time to time, to help us provide you with improved products and services.
If you choose not to provide us with certain information we may not be able to provide you with some particular services.
Zinox Technologies also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested.
In addition, when you use the services of Zinox Technologies, you may make some of your personal information public. If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return and Zinox Technologies will not be responsible for the use or misuse of such information. The main uses of your personal information are to verify your identity; to help provide our services; to administer those services; to enable us to review and improve our service to provide access to certain areas of the website; to personalise your visit to our site; to run competitions and games and to assist with advertising and other revenue generation functions.
The information we collect is also used to notify visitors and customers about events, changes and other information pertaining to this website. The information we collect is never shared with other organizations for commercial or other purposes. We may however use the information for marketing (where you have agreed to this) and for market research purposes, including internal demographic studies, to provide, optimise and personalise our services and to send you information (where you have agreed to this) about our products and services.
The information gathered from our customers or visitors may be used to create a picture of their interests, so as to enable us understand our customers and visitors better as to be able to make our services and marketing more relevant. Information that we use in this way may include:
a) information about your use of our website;
b) household classification data,
c) your responses to communications from us;
d) your interaction with our related companies or business partners;
e) customer surveys;
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Zinox Technologies will NOT disclose personally identifiable information about you to third parties except in the following situations:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to share the information with certain service partners in order to respond to your comments or to resolve service issues. (Unless we tell you differently, these partners have no independent right to use this information except to respond to your comments or to resolve the service issues.);
- We respond to requests from any Nigerian or foreign government, security, defence, revenue, regulatory or other authority, agency or officer;
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal proceedings;
- When required by law that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights of property Zinox Technologies or its related companies;
- When applicable law or regulation requires disclosure of information to protect the safety or security of users of our website;
- We find that your actions on our website violate the Zinox Technologies Terms and Conditions of Service or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services;
- We may need to share details with third parties (such as auditors or legal advisors) to obtain advice. Any such processing will be governed by an agreement in the form required by law, preserving any statutory data protection rights.
Who has access to the information at Zinox Technologies?
People to whom we may disclose your personal information will include:
- Members of Zinox Technologies;
- Our related companies;
- Credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- Our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- Other telecommunication and information service providers;
- By disclosing individual records such as IP addresses as may be required by law; or
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
We will ensure that these people only use such information to perform the above functions, and that they have adequate procedures in place to deal with your data securely.
Use of information for marketing
In line with any permission you give us, we may send you direct marketing about our own, or carefully selected third parties' goods and services and disclose your information to other organisations that may send direct marketing to you. You can change your marketing preferences if you are registered with us. In addition, you can unsubscribe from email communications via unsubscribe links provided in communications sent to you.
Link from or to Other Sites
Access to your account information
You can access and change the information that you provided during registration. Simply log in with your member name and password wherever necessary. There are instructions on the start page to help you recover your password if you've forgotten it. You can also contact us via e-mail by clicking "Contact Us" bar of the web page, or send an email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include information in the e-mail that will help us identify your account so we can assist you with your inquiry or request.
We use technology in the collecting the information in order to make our Sites and other content or services which we make available to you more interesting and useful to you. For instance, when you come to one of our Sites via your computer or other media device, we may combine your visitor session information or other information collected through cookies, web beacons and other technical methods with personally identifiable information in order to understand and improve your online experiences and to determine what products, promotions and services you prefer or are likely to be of interest to you.
Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in images on the pages of websites. We also use these technical methods to analyse the traffic patterns on our website, such as the frequency with which our users visit various parts of the Site.
We take various precautions to keep your personal information secure from unauthorized access and will store your personal information for so long as it is necessary to provide you our services or for archive purposes. You are responsible for keeping your User ID and password secure and you should not disclose them to anyone.
Notification of Changes
If you need further assistance or have queries about our use of personal information, please send us an email with your questions or comments to email@example.com